Sewing is one of the most ancient practices of humankind. It has been practiced for centuries. Sewing machines have seen tremendous improvements over all those years. Today, we have the best sewing machines that have ever been developed. From fully automated systems to a variety of stitch designs, the possibilities offered are inexhaustible. These machines will allow you to put your creative sense into practice and produce some of the best sewing designs. When you do a piece of sewing work, you want the end product to stand out. You want it to be an acclaimable piece. As such you need not compromise on the type of sewing machine you should have.
They are many types of sewing machines available in the market. There are not many sewing machine reviews available. These machines perform differently and offer different functions. You may be a good tailor, but you don’t know the technical aspects of a good sewing machine. You need the best sewing machine you can get if you want your work to stand out. Looking for the best sewing machine might feel like such a difficult task. It should be though!
This piece is a review of various sewing machines that we have established are great in different situations. The review looks into the features of the machines, as well as their pros and cons. After going through the review, you will be able to decide which sewing machine can work best for you. The best sewing machine should be durable, convenient and sturdy. Shopping for the best sewing machine should no longer be such a daunting task. Tag along and let’s get you your best-suited sewing machine. First, below is a comparison table of the various sewing machines featured.
Best Sewing Machines 2018
1) Brother CS6000I Sewing Machine
The Brother CS6000i sewing machine comes with advanced features, which deliver some of the best sewing experiences ever. It is a very convenient and easy to use a sewing machine. It is an excellent option for learners. The machine comes with all the features necessary for a green sewing learner. Make no mistake though. It has outstanding performance and will work great for an experienced tailor too. It is a versatile sewing machine that many will find resourceful. If you want to kick off your tailoring sessions with a bang, this could be the sewing machine for you.
- The machine is equipped with an LCD screen
- It comes with a single button for the start and stop functions
- Its sewing speed is adjustable
- It comes with 60 inbuilt stitches
- It has an automatic needle threading system
- The machine is easy to operate.
- It comes with a large table that allows you ample space for your work
- The machine has a light bulb that illuminates the work area to make it easy for you to work.
- Selecting the stitches is easy. The LCD screen guides you.
- The machine is lightweight as compared to other sewing machines. It is fairly portable.
- The machine has a plastic mainframe. The plastic material is not very strong. There are several complaints from customers whose sewing machines broke in half.
The Brother CS6000i seems like a great sewing machine. The performance of the machine has not been called into question on any platform. There are a few complaints about the plastic frame though. These seem like isolated cases though. Ultimately, it depends on how well you can maintain your sewing machine. Overall, the sewing machine has numerous impressive features. It is an excellent option for anyone, whether a beginner or a veteran.
2) Juki HZL-F600 Sewing Machine
The Juki HZL-F600 sewing machine has the latest technology incorporated into it. Its features strive to give you the best sewing experience possible. The sewing machine is fully computerized, and all systems are automated. The machine does all the donkey work, allowing you to concentrate more on your artistic skills. The automation comes with great convenience and ease of operation. This is the kind of sewing machine you go for if you are looking to start a sewing business.
- The sewing machine has a top speed of 900 stitches per minute.
- It comes with an extendable sewing table
- The machine uses the box-feeding technology
- The machine features a free-motion sewing
- The extendable table allows you enough space to work on.
- The sewing machine is fitted with a convenient LCD screen
- The machine is fully computerized. All its functions are automated
- The machine is lightweight and relatively portable
- The machine has a bobbin challenge. It keeps jumping off position and jamming the sewing machine.
- The computerized systems require numerous initial settings before you start sewing. This might be challenging for someone who hasn’t handled such a machine before.
The Juki HZL-F600 sewing machine delivers excellent convenience. If you can hack your way through the initial settings, you will enjoy a superb sewing experience. The full automation saves you a lot of trouble that comes with setting up a sewing machine. The machine has a variety of stitches and many other impressive features, that will allow you to engage your creative sense fully. There is no reason you can produce world class sewing designs with this sewing machine. It is an excellent machine for quilting and regular sewing. The reviews it has attracted on Amazon are overwhelmingly positive too.
3) Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
The singer 7258 is an expertly designed to offer great convenience and versatility. This sewing machine will get you the acclaim you seek as a tailor. It comes with fully automated systems. The computerized systems save you the hassle of annoying tasks such as threading. The sewing machine is more styling machine than a stitching machine. Your designs will undoubtedly stand out if you have the singer 7258 sewing machine. You can allow your creativity to thrive with this sewing machine. It comes with a myriad of impressive features which are engineered to give you a fantastic sewing experience.
- The sewing machine has a sewing speed of 7258 stitches per minute
- The sewing machine comes with 100 stitches, 76 of them being decorative
- It has fully computerized systems
- The sewing machine has an LCD display panel
- The computerized systems of the sewing machine make it easy to set up. Threading and choosing buttons holes is quite easy.
- The sewing machine has an LED bulb that lights up the workspace.
- It comes with a variety of decorative stitches. This gives you more options to work with.
- The bobbin cover is clear, and hence loading is quite easy.
- The machine has a high sewing speed. You get to work faster.
- The initial set up settings of the machine may be challenging if you haven’t handled a computerized machine before.
- The reverse button of the sewing machine has a slow response. It tends to stick when pressed.
The Singer 7258 seems like a great machine as far as convenience and ease of use are concerned. The are several complaints about the slow response of the button functionalities. Other than that, the machine has incredible deliverables. It allows you to work faster and do more design work. It is arguably the best sewing machine for beginners in the review. It may not be among the top sewing machines, but it works great within its limits. This is one of the impressive but cheap sewing machines.
4) Brother Project Runway Sewing Machine
The Brother sewing machines are one of the best sewing machine brands. The Brother project runway sewing machine is an improvement of the brother sewing machine above. It features almost all the fantastic features of brother sewing machines. It adds convenience to its performance with its fully automated systems. The sewing machine does not fall short of anything as far as its performance is concerned. Its impressive features will allow you to fully engage your creativity and come up with world class sewing designs.
- The sewing machine has seven one-step buttonhole styles
- The machine comes with an LCD panel that displays stitch selection
- It has automatic threading
- It has markings on the needle plates
- The sewing machine comes with 70 stitches
- The automatic systems of the sewing machine make its operation easy.
- The sewing machine has an LED bulb that brightly lights up the working area to allow you to work conveniently.
- The markings on the needle plate are very convenient. They allow you to sew along straight lines quickly.
- The seven buttonhole styles are easy to choose and very elegant.
- The sewing machine comes with a large table which allows you more working space.
- Typical of all brother sewing machines, this machine sits on a plastic frame. The plastic material is not very durable for a frame.
- The machine is fully computerized. Its settings may be a challenge for some people.
- The sewing machine is limited to people in countries with 120 volts power supply.
This sewing machine is one of the masterpieces from the brother brand of sewing machines. Though it has some misgivings, they have nothing to do with its performance. You sewing should not remain the same after you acquire this sewing machine. It has numerous impressive features that will undoubtedly live up to your expectations. The reviews of the sewing machine enjoy on Amazon are fantastic too. It has satisfied the sewing need of many sewing enthusiasts before. This is arguably the best sewing machine for a seamstress.
5) Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine
The Singer 9960 sewing machine is an upgrade of the singer 7258. It has more power and delivers more convenience. Talking of convenience, the sewing machine has a whopping 600 stitches. Your options are, therefore unlimited. You have the space to exercise your creative ability to the maximum. The machine is computerized, and most of the functions are fully automated. You, therefore, get to have a comfortable and fun sewing session.
- The sewing machine has 600 stitches
- It comes with an automated threading system
- It has a heavy-duty metal frame
- All the systems are fully automated
- It is fitted with a large LCD
- The sewing machine has a wide variety of stitches.
- It has an electronic auto-pilot feature. You can set it to guide the cloth and stitch by itself.
- The sewing machine comes with a large table, giving ample room to work.
- Its systems are fully automated and hence convenient and easy to work with
- The sewing machine has a durable and robust construction
- The sewing machine has 13 one-step buttonhole styles. You can easily choose one with the guidance of the LCD.
- The sewing machine is massive. This might affect its portability.
- The full automation means it requires some settings during the initial setup. Many may find this challenging.
The Singer 9960 sewing machine seems like a top of the range sewing machine. It does not seem to disappoint in any aspect. The machine has numerous exciting and very convenient features. It has some of the most sophisticated features on a sewing machine today. You should see the reviews it has on Amazon. They are awesome. This is the kind of sewing machine you purchase for commercial applications. You have no option but to produce impressive designs if you have this sewing machine in your hands. This is the best sewing machine for leather.
6) Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
The Janome 2212 is meant for simple applications, or for a green beginner. The sewing machine is a simple one, with only the basic features as far as stitching is concerned. The machine is designed to allow easy operation and easy understanding of stitching practices. It can be conveniently used as a training sewing machine. You can have it in the house for simple stitching requirements. It could come in handy when you need to stitch up those little torn pieces.
- The sewing machine comes with 12 stitches
- It has a single-four step buttonhole design.
- It has a turn dial pattern selection
- It comes with drop feed for free motion stitching and quilting
- The sewing machine has a marked needle plate which makes it easy to sew along straight lines.
- The machine is very simple to use
- It is extremely lightweight. You can easily carry it.
- The sewing machine has a free arm which is very convenient
- The turn pattern selection knob is easy and convenient to use
- The sewing machine is designed to use 11V input. This input voltage may not be available in many places.
- The stitch variety of the machine is limited.
- The sewing machine’s systems are not automated. You may have to grapple with some little annoying tasks such as threading.
The Janome 2212 is a simple stitching and quilting machine. It will deliver all the basic requirements of a sewing machine. You may not be able to handle big projects with this sewing machine, but you can stitch simple designs and repairs. It is an excellent option if you are looking to start training yourself how to stitch. It will allow you to work at your levels. Many of the customers who have used it before have given it high ratings.
7) Janome 8077 Sewing Machine
The Janome 8077 is a mid-range sewing machine. It seeks to strike a balance between the sophistication and simplicity. There are some advantages that come with a simple sewing machine, such as the smooth operation. This sewing machine strives to provide top performance and convenience while being simple and easy to operate. It is a fantastic option for a beginner who is looking to enhance their skills. It has more top of the range features than the Janome 2212 above.
- The sewing machine has 30 inbuilt stitches
- It comes with an LED display module
- It has an automatic threader
- It comes with six one-step buttonhole styles
- The bobbin cover is transparent and see-through
- The sewing machine is computerized. Some systems are automated hence convenient.
- The see-through bobbin cover allows you to guide the cloth through the stitching easily
- The sewing machine is easy to operate
- The LED display panel makes it easy to choose a buttonhole style
- The 30 stitches offer a bit more variety than 2212.
- The sewing machine is very lightweight. It is easily portable
- The sewing machine may be difficult to set up if you haven’t handled a computerized sewing machine before. Unfortunately, the manual does not offer much information.
The Janome 8077 is an average performance sewing machine. The sewing machine has good enough deliverables. It may not be a top of the range sewing machine, but it will do the trick. It is arguably the best sewing machine for home use. It is also a great option if you are on a tight budget. It will offer you all the essential features of a good sewing machine, without you having to break the bank.
8) Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Brother HC1850 is an upgrade of the Brother Runway sewing machine. You can, therefore, expect it to be an excellent sewing machine. It comes with some of the most sophisticated and exciting features of a sewing machine. Any stitching enthusiast will find this sewing machine very resourceful. It is a fully automated machine. You are bound to enjoy the best sewing experiences with this machine. The sewing machine lives up to the excellent reputation of the Brother brand of sewing machines.
- The sewing machine comes with fully automated functions
- It has adjustable sewing speed
- It is fitted with a backlit LCD panel
- It comes with an extensive working table
- The sewing machine comes with 130 stitches.
- The LCD panel makes it easy to select stitches and buttonholes
- The machine comes with a stitch guide. They can come in very handy
- You can set up automatic controls that will save you a lot of energy
- The sewing machines deliver good sewing speed.
- It has a wide stitch variety.
- Just like the other brother sewing machines, this machine sits on a plastic chassis. Plastic is not a very durable material for a frame.
The Brother HC1850 is a top of the range sewing machine. It is arguably the best sewing machine that we have in the review. This sewing machine is an excellent option for commercial applications. It comes with impressive features and an enviable performance. You will most likely not experience any downside with this sewing machine. The sewing machine does not fall short in any aspect. You can get the best designs done with this sewing machine. This is arguably the best sewing machine for quilting.
9) Brother SE400 Stitching and Embroidery Machine
The Brother SE400 comes in to further cement the position of the Brother series of sewing machines. It does not fall short in many aspects. It lives up to the excellent reputation of the brother sewing machines. The machine is designed not only for stitching but also for embroidery. Embroidery is a big part of tailoring, and any serious tailor would have to have this machine in their hands. The machine comes with numerous impressive features that will ensure your work stands out.
- The sewing machine has fully automated systems
- It has an LCD-touchscreen display
- It is fitted with seven feed dogs
- It has a four by four embroidery area
- It has an LED bulb to light up the work area.
- The automated systems make your work easier
- The sewing machine comes with a large working table allowing you ample room for your projects
- The machine enables easy bobbin preparation and smooth fabric feeding
- The LED bulb provides sufficient light for the work area
- The touchscreen is very convenient and comfortable to interact with
- This brother sewing machine has a plastic frame too. It is weak, and there have been complaints of breakages.
The Brother SE400 is designed for embroidery. All its features are engineered towards making your work easier and more efficient. Embroidery is one of the major sections of any sewing project. Many of the conventional sewing machines may not be able to produce the desired results. This sewing machine has proven to be one of the best as far as embroidery is concerned if the reviews it has attracted on Amazon are anything to go by. The machine will undoubtedly live up to many people’s expectations. This is the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery.
10) JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
The JUKI TL-2000Qi is a Japanese inspired sewing machine. It comes with the best of ancient Japanese sewing technology. The machine is a moderate performance machine concerning power. It does not disappoint as far as the quality of stitches it can produce is concerned. It may not be the best machine available, but it has impressive deliverables. The machine has a Sturdy and durable construction too. You can expect it to last for ages. It has all the essential features of a great sewing machine.
- The sewing machine has 1500 SPM for quilting functions
- It features a single-foot pedal operation
- It has an automatic threading system
- It is fitted with LED lights to illuminate the work area
- It has an aluminum frame
- The LED lights ensure you can clearly see the work area
- The sewing machine comes with a large table to allow you to work conveniently
- The aluminum frame is very strong and durable. It has little to no vibrations too
- The automated threading system comes in very handy
- The machine is great for quilting functions
- The machine is not computerized. Most of the functions have to be done manually
- The machine is heavy. It may not be very portable.
The JUKI TL-2000Qi is an above average sewing machine. If you still appreciate good ancient technology, you will find the JUKI TL-2000Qi very exciting. The machine infuses old technology with a bit of modern touch, to provide a unique sewing experience. It has all that you would want in a sewing machine, and your work still gets to stand out. This is the best sewing machine heavy duty. You will have to do most of the functions manually, but that does not affect the efficiency of the sewing machine. This is one of the best sewing machines for quilting.
11) Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294 Sewing Machine
Lastly, we review yet another Brother Project Runway sewing machine. It seems like a case of saving the best for last. Do you wish to stand out with your sewing works wherever you go? Then you need the Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294 Sewing Machine. The machine is designed for commercial applications and comes with arguably the best features sewing machine have to offer. The sewing is fully computerized and comes with a wide variety of stitches, that will undoubtedly take your work to the next level. It provides the best work convenience too.
- The sewing machine comes with a “my custom” feature
- It has LED bulbs to light up the work area
- It comes with an inbuilt thread cutter
- It is fitted with 6-point feed dogs
- It has fully automated systems
- It comes with a multi-lingual LCD panel
- The computerized systems make your work easy and efficient
- It has smooth fabric feeding.
- The LED bulbs brightly light up the work area
- The speed of the machine is adjustable. You can work at your pace
- It is surprisingly lightweight.
- The machine sits on a plastic chassis. A plastic chassis is delicate. It can easily break.
- The initial settings of the fully computerized sewing machine may be a challenge to some.
The Brother PC420PRW 294 is a top of the range sewing machine. It is arguably the best sewing machine that we have in the review. Its performance and convenience are top-notch. The machine comes with the most modern features of sewing machines. It is specifically designed to handle large commercial projects. If you have a tailoring business, this sewing machine will do the magic for you. It should be one of your top of the list options. This is the best sewing machine for making clothes.
Best Sewing Machine 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above are supposed to give you a better understanding of what a good sewing machine entails. The sewing machines are best suited to different situations and circumstances. As such, the best sewing machine for you may not necessarily be the best for the next person. There are several factors that you are supposed to consider before settling on any particular sewing machine.
The cost of the machines differs with different models. The high-end machines are more expensive than the low end, but they are worth every dollar you spend on them. Sewing machines made from plastic materials are cheap as compared to them with metallic frames but they may not be as durable as the metallic framed machines. As you work on a budget of a sewing machine it is essential to consider factors of durability, additional features the machine provides and also warranty. Take time to compare the different sewing machines that are within your budget and find out which one delivers more value. Never compromise on the quality of the sewing machine.
- Mechanical or computerized
With technology advancement, the mechanical units have been added to computerized and electronic features. The mechanical machines are light in weight as they have few features. The automated models come with motors, touch-screens, and programmable stitches. These features make the machines make to offer various sewing options and aids in completing tasks faster.
- Number of stitches and stitch length
Different models come with a different number of stitches, there are machines which comes with stitches as many as 200 which enables one to ones work professional and aids in making different designs. For starters, it is advisable to get machines with few stitches before progressing to them with a lot of stitches as the many the stitches the machine has, the more expensive it is. The ability of the machine to enable adjustment of stitch length and width is also an essential feature to consider. This allows one to come with various unique designs
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best suited sewing machine. Shopping for a sewing machine should now be fun instead of a difficult task. The sewing machine you get next should be able to give you the results you have always desired. The review is very long though. You may not be able to recall all the details in it. As such, below is a summary table of all the sewing machines features. The table highlights the features as well as the respective prices of the sewing machines. You can quickly skim through the table and choose your best suited sewing machine.
- 1 Best Sewing Machines 2018
- 2 1) Brother CS6000I Sewing Machine
- 3 2) Juki HZL-F600 Sewing Machine
- 4 3) Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
- 5 4) Brother Project Runway Sewing Machine
- 6 5) Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine
- 7 6) Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- 8 7) Janome 8077 Sewing Machine
- 9 8) Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 10 9) Brother SE400 Stitching and Embroidery Machine
- 11 10) JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 12 11) Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294 Sewing Machine
- 13 Best Sewing Machine 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- 14 Conclusion