Sewing Machines, just like any other machine with moving parts, need to be lubricated. Sewing machine oil is used to lubricate the various parts of a sewing machine. Sewing machine oils come in all kinds and from different manufacturers. Different oils perform differently. You need to ensure you get the perfect oil for your sewing machine. The right oil will keep your sewing machine functioning properly and will ensure it lasts longer.
You might wonder, which oil is best for sewing machine? What is sewing machine oil? What kind of lubricant is used in a sewing machine? The following is a comprehensive review of various sewing machine oils that we have found to be quite impressive. We went out to explore the various sewing machines oils on the market. We picked a couple and we found to have the best results and to be adequately protective to your sewing machine. We have reviewed each one of these oils below, in a bid to help you find on that would work well for your machine.
Below is a comparison table that compares the various sewing machines oils we have included in the review.
|Sewing Machine Oil||Sale Amount||Color||Viscosity
|Zoom-Spout Sewing Machine Oil||118 ml||Clear||Medium
|Lily White Sewing Machine Oil||One gallon||Water white||Low|
|Liberty Oil Sewing Machine ||One oz.||Water white||Low|
|Singer 2131E All-Purpose Sewing Machine Oil||4 ounce||Clear||Medium
|Zoom Spout All-Purpose Sewing Machine Oil ||4 oz.||Clear||Medium
|One Quart Lily White Industrial Oil ||One quart||Water white||Medium
|Dritz Sewing Machine Oil ||4 ounce||Clear||Low|
|Garment Center Sewing Machine Oil ||4 oz.||Clear||Low|
|Helmar Colonial Lube Oil ||4 ounce||Water white||Medium|
|Juki Defrix Sewing Machine ||1600 ml||Clear||Low|
1. Zoom-Spout Sewing Machine Oil
The Zoom-Spout Sewing Machine oil is a mineral-based oil that is highly refined. The oil is designed not only to properly lubricate your sewing machine but to also ensure you are safe while handling it. The oil comes in a user-intuitive bottle, which makes it easy to put the oil wherever it is needed in the machine. The bottle also ensures that none of the oil is poured recklessly and wasted. It is one of the best sewing machine oil for janome.
- The bottle carries 118 ml of sewing machine oil
- The oil is non-detergent and mineral-based
- It is a moderately viscous oil
- The oil is clear
- The oil has just the right level of viscosity hence very ideal
- The bottle makes it easy to apply the oil
- The bottle is refillable
- The oil works on all types of sewing machines
- The cap on the bottle can be a little hard to remove
- The cap tends to leak after the first use
2. Lily White Sewing Machine Oil
The Lily White Sewing machine oil is a water-based white lubricating oil for all kinds of sewing machines. The oil is a favorite of many sewists within the commercial sewing space. The oil has low viscosity and is quite easy to apply. You need to acquire a separate application tool since the oil is sold in a full-gallon jerry-can.
- The oil is water white
- It is odorless
- It is a low viscosity oil
- It is a non-detergent mineral oil
- The oil is easy to apply if you have the right application tool
- It is quite safe to handle
- The oil is versatile. It can be used on all types of sewing machines
- It is cost-friendly.
- The Jerry-can leaks quite often. A lot of buyers have complained that a couple of pints had leaked out of the jerry-can by the time they received it.
3. Liberty Oil Sewing Machine
Liberty Oil is yet another top-grade sewing machine oil, which is designed to ensure your sewing machine always works seamlessly. The machine is 100% synthetic oil, and you should not worry about handling it at all. The machine. It would be a great alternative if you have been using petroleum-based lubricants, which are known to be harmful. Below is a brief summary of the features pros and cons you should expect from the Liberty Oil sewing machine oil. It is one of the best oil for sewing machines of all kinds.
- The oil comes in 1oz bottle
- The bottle is made of a very soft plastic that is easy to squeeze
- It comes with an 18-gauge stainless steel needle tip for easy application
- The oil is safe to use on painted and plastic surfaces
- The oil is a bit pricey as compared to the other options on the market.
4. Singer 2131E All-Purpose Sewing Machine Oil
The Singer 2131E sewing machine oil is a high-quality oil from Singer. The singer sewing machine oil viscosity is low and ensures the oil flows through the various parts of a sewing machine quite seamlessly. Singer is a top sewing machine brand, and you can expect nothing less of the best quality when it comes to sewing machine oil. This is the best oil for Singer sewing machines. The singer all-purpose sewing machine oil can be used on other kinds of sewing machines as well. It is a great domestic sewing machine lubricating oil.
- The oil comes on a bottle packaged of 4 ounces
- It is an all-purpose lubrication oil
- It has the capacity to protect metal parts against rust
- It has a square and rigid applicator tip
- The oil will protect your machine against tear and rust
- The oil has low viscosity and it flows perfectly into the sewing machine parts
- It never goes rancid
- The machine is versatile
- The bottle could use a better applicator tip
5. Zoom Spout All-Purpose Sewing Machine Oil
The Zoom Spout All-Purpose oil is a clear lubricating oil that is quite ideal for sewing machines. You can use it on any other home-use machine that has moving parts. The oil is very effective in preventing the various parts of a machine from eating into each other. It protects metallic parts from rust as well.
- It is an all-purpose oil
- It does not suffer gumming
- The oil comes in a soft 4 oz. bottle
- The bottle has a stainless steel applicator tip
- The oil is quite versatile
- It is quite easy to apply
- It adequately protects your machine from rusting and tear
- It is a cost-friendly sewing machine oil
- The bottle tends to be leaky. Many customers have reported that the oil had spilt by the time it arrived.
6. One Quart Lily White Industrial Oil
One Quart Lily-white industrial oil is a premium all-purpose oil that would work well on your sewing machines, and any other tools you might want to lubricate. It is a great option for an industrial setting. The oil has the ability to protect sewing machine parts from eating into each other, and it also protects metallic parts from rust and other forms of corrosion.
- The oil is clear
- It is sold in a one-quart package
- It is a highly refined oil
- The oil has very low viscosity
- The oil is easy to apply
- It flows effortlessly into the various parts being lubricated
- The oil is safe for the user and the surfaces
- It can be used on many types of sewing machines
- The oil is expensive as compared to the other options available
- The bottle gets leaky after the first use
7. Dritz Sewing Machine Oil
The Dritz Sewing Machine oil is yet another high-quality oil that you can use to pamper your sewing machine and ensure it lasts longer. The oil not only lubricates your machine but it also cleans the various parts of the machine that it comes into contact with. The oil is ideal for all kinds of sewing machines as well as many other small tools and machines that you may have at home or work. We also took note of the 4-ounce bottle that the oil comes in. It comes in a very well-though design that makes it very easy for you to apply the oil.
- The oil is water-white
- The bottle container has a 9 inches’ sprout
- It is a mineral-based oil
- The oil has low viscosity
- The oil is easy to apply
- It is very effective in preventing rust
- The bottle is refillable and re-usable
- It is an economical sewing machine oil
- The bottle’s oil tends to get stuck on the tip
- The bottle also tends to leak especially after the first use.
8. Garment Center Sewing Machine Oil
The Garment Center Sewing machine oil is a significantly viscous oil that is made for lubricating sewing machines, and other small tools. Many buyers have used the oil for the scissors, and other types of objects. The oil works on plastic and metallic parts as well. It is arguably the best oil for industrial sewing machine.
- The oil is mineral-based
- It does not have any odor
- It is safe for metallic and plastic parts
- It comes in a 4 oz. bottle that has a sprout
- The oil is water white
- The oil is easy to apply thanks to the sprout on the bottle
- The oil washes the parts of the sewing machine on top of lubricating them
- The oil can be used on all kinds of sewing machine
- It is easy and safe to handle. You should avoid getting it into sensitive parts such as your eyes though
- The bottle’s sprout can be a little bit leaky.
9. Helmar Colonial Lube Oil
The Helmar Colonial Lube Oil is a very unique sewing machine oil. The oil is quite viscous. It more of lube than oil. The oil is quite ideal for metallic and other heavy parts of a sewing machine. The oil comes in a 23-ounce package. The oil works great for heavy-duty sewing machines that have metallic gears and moving parts. It is arguably the best oil for bernina sewing machine. Take a look at the summary of its features, pros, and cons below.
- The oil is pharmaceutical grade
- It is a multi-purpose oil
- The oil is white
- It is an odorless oil
- The oil is very protective against corrosion and rusting
- The oil is very versatile. It can be used on many different sewing machines
- It is a safe oil to use
- The oil is cost-friendly
- The bottle’s applicator is not very ideal. It gets the oil everywhere
- The bottle can get a little bit leaky
10. Juki Defrix Sewing Machine
The Juki Defrix Sewing Machine is a top sewing machine oil from one of the best creators of sewing machines. That also means they also know what is best when it comes to sewing machine oils. It is a great option if you have Juki sewing machines. It is one of the best industrial sewing machine oils. It is obviously the best oil for juki sewing machines. Below is a brief summary of the various features of this sewing machine, as well as its pros and cons.
- The oil comes in a white clear color
- It is ideal for industrial sewing machines
- It comes in a 1600 ml bottle
- Its bottle comes with a 1/8-inch-thick sprout
- The oil is just the right viscosity
- The oil is very cost-effective
- The oil is quite easy to apply
- It is a versatile oil that can be used on many different sewing machines
- The oil’s bottle does not have an applicator
The reviews above are meant to give you a clearer picture of what a great sewing machine oil is supposed to be. We’ve found all these oils to be effective in one way or the other. We would not hesitate to recommend any of them. These are high-quality oils that will keep your sewing machine working seamlessly, and protected from corrosion. The main of the review is to give you a better understanding of what a great sewing machine oil is supposed to be. We trust that you’ll be able to choose the best oil for your sewing machine after reading this review.
- 1 1. Zoom-Spout Sewing Machine Oil
- 2 2. Lily White Sewing Machine Oil
- 3 3. Liberty Oil Sewing Machine
- 4 4. Singer 2131E All-Purpose Sewing Machine Oil
- 5 5. Zoom Spout All-Purpose Sewing Machine Oil
- 6 6. One Quart Lily White Industrial Oil
- 7 7. Dritz Sewing Machine Oil
- 8 8. Garment Center Sewing Machine Oil
- 9 9. Helmar Colonial Lube Oil
- 10 10. Juki Defrix Sewing Machine