Heat Transfer Vinyl sheets are pieces of paper sheets that are used to transfer art onto a garment by sticking it on the surface of the garment and applying heat. There are many types of HTVs that can be used to decorate T-shirts. In the sections below, we are going to explore the various HTVs that we believe would deliver great results. Tag along and let’s find the best heat transfer vinyl for shirts for you.
Here are table comparing the various types of HTVs we’ve featured in the review.
|Heat Transfer Vinyl||Size||Type of peel||Self-Adhesive|
|Jh-Best Crafts Transfer Paper ||12 by 10 ft.||Cold peel||Yes|
|ImPRESSED Vinyl Heat Transfer Vinyl||12 by 10 inches||Cold Peel||Yes|
|Angel Crafts Heat Transfer Paper ||12 by 8 ft.||Hot Peel||Yes|
|Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl||12 by 10 inches||Hot Peel||Yes|
|Angel Crafts 6 by 50 Heat Transfer Paper ||6 by 50 ft.||Hot Peel||Yes|
|Quenta Oracal 651 Vinyl Rolls ||5 by 50 ft.||Hot Peel||Yes|
|Crafttopia heat transfer paper||12 by 25 inches||Cold peel||No|
|PrimeCuts Adhesive Backed Vinyl Sheets ||12 by 12 inches||Cold peel||No|
|Rozzy Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl ||12 by 10 inches||Hot Peel||Yes|
|Siser EasyWeed HTV||5 by 15 ft.||Cold peel||Yes|
|JANDJPACKAGING HTV Sheets||12 by 10 inches||Hot Peel||Yes|
|Siser EasyWeed White HTV||5 by 15 ft.||Cold peel||Yes|
1. Jh-Best Crafts Transfer Paper
The JH Best Crafts Transfer Paper is designed to transfer art and crafts on a T-shirt or any other garment in the best way possible. The Vinyl paper can transfer art on many types of surfaces. It also works with a wide range of adhesives. It is a high-quality Vinyl paper that will, in the long run, be economical, given how efficient it is.
- The vinyl paper measures 12 by 10 ft.
- It has red grid squares
- The machine has self-adhesives
- The paper weighs just about 8.8 pounds
- The grid lines help you to properly align your art.
- The paper is very versatile. It can be used on many different surfaces and with many different types of adhesives.
- The paper is large and economical
- It is ideal for smooth surfaces
- The paper is a little bit too cloudy
- Its adhesive is not adequately tacky
2. ImPRESSED Vinyl Heat Transfer Vinyl
The ImPRESSED Vinyl Heat Transfer Vinyl package contains 20 packs 12 by 10 inches vinyl sheets. They are quite versatile and can be used with a heat press, Cricut, iron press, or any cutting machine. The Vinyl sheets have the capacity to deliver professional-grade heat transfer prints.
- The Vinyl sheets are machine washable
- They are made of high-quality polyurethane
- The sheets are adhesive-backed
- The sheets stretch with the natural movement of your fabric
- The vinyl sheets are incredibly easy to weed
- They are versatile and can be used with all kinds of cutting machines and heat presses.
- The sheets come in many different colors
- The sheets are SGS certified as eco-friendly
- You have to apply a lot of pressure for the vinyl sheet to adhere to any surface
- It might not be the easiest vinyl to use if you are a beginner
3. Angel Crafts Heat Transfer Paper
The Angel Crafts Heat transfer paper is a great option for your Vinyl Applications needs. The paper roll is compatible with Cricut, Silhouette, cameo, and many other cutting machines. This paper will enable you to put down amazing Vinyl designs. So long as you have the best iron on vinyl, this paper will deliver amazing results.
- The paper measures 12 by 8 ft.
- It has self-adhesive
- The paper has medium tackiness
- It has guidance grid lines
- The gridlines ensure you can perfectly align the paper
- The paper is very versatile
- Its adhesive is clean and does not leave any residues
- The paper has a quick-release mechanism that ensures it does not damage your projects.
- The white paper can be a little bit too cloudy
- It can get a little bit too sticky and you have to struggle to keep corners in place while getting it off.
4. Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl
Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl is a very effective and easy to use HTV. The HTV can easily be used with Cricut, Silhouette Cameo, or with a heat press machine. The vinyl will allow you to seamlessly personalize garments and apparel such as hats, hoodies, T-shirts, hats and many more.
- The package contains 20 packs of Vinyl heat transfer sheets
- The sheets are thin and sensitive to heat and pressure
- The sheets are available in 20 different colors
- They are hot-peel HTV sheets
- The sheets are easily washable and reusable
- They can be used with a variety of heat press and cutting machines
- They come in a variety of colors
- Their sensitivity allows you to put down even the most minute details
- The HTV sheets do not come with any user instructions. That might not be very ideal for beginners.
- The machine has a rubbery texture which makes it difficult to weed
5. Angel Crafts 6 by 50 Heat Transfer Paper
This Angel Crafts heat transfer paper is quite similar to its counterpart above, only that it is a bit thinner. The paper is designed to deliver a clean print over your designs without leaving any dirt residues. The machine has self-adhesive and is compatible with Cricut, Iron press, and Silhouette Cameo. It is arguably the best vinyl for shirts.
- The paper as a rubber-based adhesive
- The paper has red grid lines
- It measures 6 inches by 50 ft.
- The paper has medium tackiness adhesive
- The grid lines provide the much-needed aligning guidance
- The paper has just the right amount of adhesive. It does not leave behind any adhesives
- It is provided with free instructions which would be quite helpful to beginners
- The paper will get off easily without destroying your designs
- The paper is too thick and cloudy
- The adhesive is not adequately strong
6. Quenta Oracal 651 Vinyl Rolls
The Quenta Oracal 651 consists of 47 differently colored vinyl rolls. The Vinyl rolls are compatible with all the major cutting options and machines. You can use them with Cricut and Silhouette Cameo. You can also use them with a heat press machine or an iron press. The Quenta Oracal 651 vinyl rolls are a great option if you are seeking color variety. They would be ideal for a professional setting. It is the best vinyl for t shirts.
- Each of the rolls measures 5 ft.
- The Vinyl sheet has a thickness of 2.5 mm
- They are made with solvent-based adhesives
- The sheets are coated with silicone for easy release
- The paper is quite easy to use
- The rolls are available in a wide range of colors
- The adhesive sticks properly
- It is easy to peel off the paper
- The paper does not leave any residues on your project
- There are a couple of complaints about the rolls not arriving in the right size.
- The paper does not stick on wood properly
7. Craftopia Heat Transfer Paper
The Crafttopia heat transfer paper is a self-adhesive vinyl that delivers great prints on stickers, walls, decals, and windows. They are great for T-shirts and many other garments as well. The paper is designed to be easy to use, while not compromising on the quality of the prints they deliver. It is a versatile paper that can be used in many situations, and with many cutting machines. It is arguably the best heat transfer vinyl for cricut.
- The machine measures 12 by 25 inches
- It is compatible with Cricut and Silhouette cameo
- The tape is 25 ft long
- It is equipped with one-inch square gridlines
- The paper’s gridlines provide proper guidance and ensure your prints are precise.
- The machine is very versatile and can be used in many different situations
- The roll has 8 bonus feet
- The paper can be washed and re-used
- There is no way to cut out a part without touching a sticky part
- The tape does not adhere properly to the Vinyl decals
8. PrimeCuts Adhesive Backed Vinyl Sheets
The PrimeCuts Adhesive Backed Vinyl sheets are top quality heat transfer papers. The papers come in assorted colors, and they can help put down many impressive designs on different kinds of surfaces. The papers will also conveniently work with a wide range of craft cutters. It is one of the highest quality Vinyl sheets you will come across. It is arguably best heat transfer vinyl for cotton shirts.
- The paper sheet measure 12 by 12 inches
- The package has 65 sheets
- You can choose from 32 glossy colors
- The paper has a thickness of 3 mm thickness
- The sheets are easy to peel
- They can be easily washed and re-used
- The sheets are thin, strong and glossy which makes it easy to transfer prints
- The sheets a BPA and PVC free. They are certified as environmentally friendly
- The sheets are not ideal for outdoor use. They do not stick well enough
- The sheets are a little bit too thick, and hence a little bit difficult to weed and cut
9. Rozzy Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl
Rozy Craft heat tranfer vinyl papers starter bundle comes with 12 sheets of vinyl papers. The vinyl papers are ideal for use with a home iron-press, Silhouette Cameo, or Cricut. The papers come in a wide range of colors as well. The sheets are mainly made of Polyurethane (PU), and organic compound with high tensile strength. It gives the sheets their thin-lined and smooth surface.
- The sheets measure 12 by 10 inches
- They have self-adhesive
- They are re-washable
- They conform to ASTM D-4236, hence environmentally friendly
- The papers are re-usable without compromising the quality of the prints
- They adhere properly to your projects
- They are easy to weed, and will not damage your project or leave residues
- They come in a variety of glossy colors
- The transfer sheet is a little bit difficult to peel off
- Some of the colors appear dull
10. Siser EasyWeed HTV Sheet
The Siser EasyWeed HTV sheets are yet another great option if you are seeking high-quality HTV prints on your surfaces. The starter pack bundle has 12 pieces of the sheets. The material is designed to be ready and easy to cut. You can easily customize it depending on the kind of garment you are decorating.
- The paper is a lot thinner than ordinary ones
- The sheets and be washed and reused multiple times
- The sheets are highly pressure-sensitive
- The papers are CPSIA Certified
- The papers are environmentally friendly and can be used on kids’ clothes
- They are easy to weed
- The papers are offered in a variety of colors
- The pressure-sensitive papers deliver amazing transfer results
- The sheets do not stick very well
- The carrier sheets tend to lift off even when the sheets are not in use
11. JANDJPACKAGING HTV Sheets
The JANDJPACKAGING HTV Sheets is a collection of heat transfer sheets with assorted colors. The sheets are quite functional and versatile. They can be used in many different situations and will deliver great results under any situation. They are environmentally friendly HTV sheets which are easy to use and discard.
- A package contains 12 sheets
- Each sheet measures 12 by 10 inches
- The sheets are compatible with a silhouette cameo, Cricut, or a heat press machine
- They are made of PU which ensures perfect transfers and is an environmentally friendly
- The papers are easy to weed and cut
- They come in a wide range of colors
- The sheets are re-usable
- The sheets are very versatile
- The paper tends to bubble during the ironing process
- Some users have reported that the sheets do not stick properly
12. Siser EasyWeed White HTV
Lastly, the Siser EasyWeed White HTV is a collection of pearly white HTV sheets. They are designed like this to ensure it is easy for you to see through them. These sheets deliver lasting vinyl transfer results. The sheets are quite versatile. They can be peeled hot or cold depending on the prevailing conditions.
- The sheets measure 15 by 5 ft
- They come are very pressure-sensitive
- They are washable and re-usable
- They can be used with a Cricut or Iron press
- The sheets are available in a variety of colors
- They do not lift while weeding
- They are easy to weed
- The sheets stick well
- The carrier sheet is a bit too thin
- The sheets also tend to become bubbly which interferes with the quality of the transfer
The best heat transfer vinyl for shirts reviews above are brief, but they should give you a good perspective of what an effective Heat Transfer Vinyl paper should look like. The aim of the review is to ensure you arrive at the HTV paper that can deliver the best results. We had our experiences with all these HTVs, and while they have one or two misgivings, they are quite impressive.
- 1 1. Jh-Best Crafts Transfer Paper
- 2 2. ImPRESSED Vinyl Heat Transfer Vinyl
- 3 3. Angel Crafts Heat Transfer Paper
- 4 4. Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl
- 5 5. Angel Crafts 6 by 50 Heat Transfer Paper
- 6 6. Quenta Oracal 651 Vinyl Rolls
- 7 7. Craftopia Heat Transfer Paper
- 8 8. PrimeCuts Adhesive Backed Vinyl Sheets
- 9 9. Rozzy Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl
- 10 10. Siser EasyWeed HTV Sheet
- 11 11. JANDJPACKAGING HTV Sheets
- 12 12. Siser EasyWeed White HTV
- 13 Conclusion