Brother sewing machines series is one of the most popular sewing machines available in the market. Brother sewing machines are known for their durable construction and impressive features. You might be wondering, what is the best sewing machine for the money you have.
Whether it is sewing, quilting or embroidery, you will find a brother sewing machine that can serve you best. Brother sewing machines come with some of the best features in the sewing machine realm. The machines are the favorite machines to many professional tailors. They have been used to make some of the worlds greatest clothing designs.
There is a wide range of brother sewing machines. Brother sewing machines are some of the best sewing machines 2019. The different machines come with different features and, therefore, perform differently. Brother sewing machines prices are different too.
Finding the best brother sewing machine among the many types may not be very straightforward, especially if you have never interacted with one. There are not many brother sewing machines available either. You should not worry though! We took our time to compile one of the best brother sewing machine reviews.
This is a review of some of the superior brother sewing machines. The review will highlight the different features of the machines, as well as their pros and cons. It will explore their performance to find out how suitable they are for different applications. You should be able to get the best brother sewing machine for the money you have. First, below is a quick snippet of the machines reviewed. It is a brother sewing machine comparison chart.
Best Brother Sewing Machines 2019
- Brother SE400 – This is a top of the range computerized sewing machine with 67 inbuilt stitches and 70 embroidery designs.
- Brother CS600i – This is a moderate performance sewing machine with 27 inbuilt stitches.
- Brother XR9500PRW – this is a top-rated sewing machine with 100 inbuilt stitches. This has several automated features too.
- Brother PE770 – this is an embroidery machine with 136 embroidery designs
- Brother Designio DZ1234 – this is a hi-tech sewing machine. It has fully automated functions.
- Brother 1034D – this is a high-performance sewing machine designed for finishing applications
- Brother LB6800PRW – this is yet another computerized embroidery and sewing machine with fully automated functions.
- Brother HC1850 – this is a computerized sewing and quilting machine. It has 130 stitches and 14 quilting functions.
- Brother PQ1500SL – this is a high-performance quilting and sewing machine with a stitching speed of 1500 stitches per minute
- Brother Designio DZ2400 – this is yet another high-performance sewing machine with 185 built-in stitches. It has several automated features too.
- Brother CS5055PRW – This is a moderate performance electric sewing machine. It is not costly. It is an excellent option for anyone on a compressed budget.
- Brother XR3774 – this is a full-feature sewing and quilting machine with 37 sewing stitches and 37 quilting designs.
The Brother SE400 is a fantastic sewing machine. It is one of Brother’s greatest masterpiece. The machine is a professional grade sewing machine with a very impressive performance. Check out its features below. It is one of the best brother industrial sewing machines.
- It comes with an LCD-touchscreen display unit
- It has an automated needle threader
- It has a USB port for computer connectivity hence more designs can be uploaded
- It has a simple drop-in top bobbin
- It has built-in tutorials on machine usage
- Automated thread cutter
- 67 inbuilt stitches,70 embroidery designs, and five lettering fonts
- Wide working area
- The machine sits on a plastic frame. Plastic is not a very strong material for a frame.
The Brother SE400 is a fantastic sewing machine from the brother series. It is without a doubt one of their best machines. It has all the essential features of a top-grade sewing machine, and it offers incredible convenience. This machine will undoubtedly live up to your expectations. It is a great brother embroidery machine.
The Brother CS600i is yet another fantastic sewing machine. The machine favoritism by many is anchored on its user convenience. It comes with very impressive features, which will help you complete an amazing sewing design.
- Has well-backlit displays
- Automated needle threading
- 27 inbuilt stitches
- Automated drop-in bobbing
- Easily adjustable sewing speeds
- Big working table hence suitable for quilting and big projects
- Bright LEDs lit the work area
- Easy to adjust stitching length and width
- The machine tends to jam at the bobbin sometimes.
- The machine does not have much stitch variety.
The Brother CS600i is a fantastic sewing machine that delivers ample user convenience. This enables you to concentrate on the creative part of the designs. The sewing machine has all that you would need to complete a very impressive clothing design.
The Brother XR9500PW machine is yet another top of the range sewing machine. The machine has incredible features that make your sewing fun and easy. It has some of the most impressive features you will find on a sewing machine.
- It has 100 inbuilt stitches
- Backlit LCD
- Well LED-lit work area
- Automated needle threading system
- It has an easy bobbin winding system
- Features with a free arm for sewing sleeves
- Simple adjustable needle position
- It has a wide working area hence suitable for quilting and large projects
- Bottom plastic chassis is not durable.
The Brother XR9500PW does not seem to disappoint in any way. The machine is available on Amazon, and it has attracted many positive reviews. It has without a doubt satisfied the requirements of many customers. You will most likely not experience any downtime with this sewing machine.
The Brother PE770 is designed for embroidery purposes. Embroidery is an essential part of clothing designs. This machine will make your designs stand out, with its superior embroidery capabilities. It has very impressive features.
- It has a built-in memory hence more designs can be imported
- Has 136 built-in embroidery designs
- It has an embroidery card slot
- Backlit LCDs
- Automated needle threader
- It has a big embroidery area hence allows large lettering and monograms
- Featured with various design editing capabilities
- It has an auto thread trimmer
- Has a wide working area hence suitable for large projects
- At times the machine has lower bobbin tension.
The Brother PE770 sewing machine is a fantastic embroidery sewing machine. The machine has very impressive reviews on Amazon. It has all the essential features of an embroidery machine. You should not miss this sewing machine if you are a professional tailor.
The Brother Designio is yet another very impressive sewing machine. It has all the superior signature features of brother sewing machine. The machine is fully computerized, and all its features are automated. It offers incredible convenience.
- Has a 3 and four thread configuration hence allows different fabrics to be sewed
- Well-lit LCDs
- Automates needle threading system
- Automated thread cutter
- the stitch width and length are easily adjusted
- It has very high sewing speeds
- big working area hence good to use for large projects
- 8 automates buttonholes styles
- Complicated to use for beginners
The Brother Designio is an epitome of where sewing machines meet technology. It is a high tech sewing machine, with fully automated systems. The systems allow you much convenience as they literary do all the donkey work for you. You can then fully engage your creative sense. Many brother computerized sewing machine reviews have it as a top rated sewing machine.
The Brother 1034D machine is a fantastic sewing machine for finishing applications. The machine has a ¾ thread serger that delivers exquisite finishing stitches. It does well on a wide range of fabrics and designs.
- The machine has 22 in-built stitches
- It has color-coded threading
- It comes with adjustable width
- It has a removable free arm
- The machine allows easy threading
- It is versatile. You can use it on a wide range of fabrics
- It is a high-performance sewing machine
- It is durable. It comes with a 25-year warranty
- The sewing machine has tensions issues. The presser tension on the right fails at times
The Brother 1034D is an excellent option for your finishing designs. It is designed to deliver finishing stitches. All the features of the machine point at a very effective sewing machine. It has incredible reviews on Amazon too.
The Brother LB6800PRW is yet another top rated sewing machine. The machine is fully computerized, and it is designed for both sewing and embroidery. You get two functions in one machine. The machine has very impressive features that will make your sewing an activity to look forward to.
- The machine has fully automated systems
- It has an LCD
- It has 67 sewing stitches
- It has 70 embroidery designs
- The machine is very reliable
- It has a very durable construction
- It is very versatile. It has a wide variety of stitches
- The computerized systems are very convenient
- The sewing machine has a somewhat complicated settings protocol
The Brother LB6800PRW is an incredible machine. It is without a doubt one of the best brother sewing machines we have on the review. Instead of buying separate sewing and embroidery machines, the Brother LB6800PRW would be a fantastic option.
The Brother HC1850 is a sewing and quilting machine. You do not have to buy separate sewing and quilting machines. You can get one of these and get the convince of having the two functions in one. The sewing machine comes with a myriad of impressive features.
- The sewing machine has fully computerized systems
- It has 130 inbuilt stitches
- It comes with 14 quilting functions
- It has eight one-step buttonholes
- The machine is easy to use.
- It is very versatile
- It has a durable construction
- It comes with a flip-chart guide
- The initial settings of a computerized machine are a bit complicated
The Brother HC1850 is yet another fantastic sewing machine that delivers a very impressive performance. The machine is an excellent option if you are interested in a combination of sewing and quilting functions. It is arguably the best brother sewing machine for beginners.
The Brother PQ1500SL is yet another excellent sewing machine for sewing and quilting. It is a high-performance machine with a very impressive sewing speed. It has several automated features that make it convenient too. It is one of the best sewing machines for quilting and embroidery.
- The machine has a speed of 1500 stitches per minute
- It has a retractable Drop feed dog control
- It has an auto thread trimmer
- It comes with 4 feed dog settings
- The machine is easy to use
- It is a very powerful sewing machine
- It has a large working table
- The combination of sewing and quilting functions is very impressive
- The sewing machine sits on a plastic frame that is not very strong
The Brother PQ1500SL does not seem to disappoint as far as sewing and quilting are concerned. It has all the essential features of a great sewing and quilting machine. It is a versatile machine that can be used in many applications. It is arguably the best brother sewing machine for quilting. It is arguably the best brother sewing machine for heavy fabrics.
We have yet another model from the Brother designio series. The DZ2400 does not fall short of anything. It is a fantastic computerized sewing machine, with an incredible performance. It comes with all the impressive features synonymous with brother sewing machines.
- The sewing machine has 185 built-in stitches
- It has variable sewing speed
- It has 55 alphanumeric stitches
- It features automatic needle threading
- The sewing machine has a very durable construction
- It has a wide variety of stitches
- It comes with a backlit LCD for easy user interface
- The automated systems are very convenient
- The initial settings of a computerized sewing machine are rather complicated.
The Brother Designio DZ400 is yet another high-performance computerized sewing machine. You will certainly not be disappointed by the deliverables of this machine. It has very impressive reviews on Amazon, proof that it is indeed a great sewing machine.
The Brother CS5055PRW is an electric sewing machine that is very reliable. It is a moderate performance sewing machine, with a favorable price. If you are looking for a cheap but quality brother sewing machine, this is the machine for you.
- The sewing machine has 50 inbuilt stitches
- It has automatic threading
- It has five one-step buttonholes
- The machine comes with six specialty feet
- The sewing machine is easy to use
- The automated features are very convenient
- The machine is not costly
- The machine is very lightweight
- The machine sits on a plastic frame. That is not very durable.
The Brother CS5055PRW is a moderate performance sewing machine, that is suitable for anyone who is on a compressed budget. The machine will deliver a good-enough performance and has a good level of user convenience.
12) Brother XR3774
Lastly, we have the Brother XR374. This is a full-feature sewing and quilting machine. It is arguably the best sewing and quilting machine that we have on the review. The performance of this sewing machine is almost unrivaled. It is yet another masterpiece from the brother series.
- The machine has 37 inbuilt sewing stitches
- It has a sewing speed of 800 stitches per minute
- It has 37 decorative stitches
- It comes with an instructional DVD
- The machine is easy to use
- It has a wide variety of stitches
- It is a very powerful sewing machine
- The work area is well lit by an LED bulb
- The machine sits on a plastic frame. Plastic is not a very durable material for a frame.
The Brother XR3774 is a fantastic sewing machine. It is without a doubt one of the best sewing machines in the review. The machine has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. That further cements the prowess of the sewing machine.
Best Brother Sewing Machines 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
Factors to consider when buying brother sewing machines
- The cost
This is an important factor to consider. It is advisable to buy a sewing machine, one can comfortably afford. Always work within the set budget. This enables one to avoid incurring unplanned expenses. Buying directly from the manufacturer is recommended, as they tend to sell the machine at a lower cost. It is recommended to compare its prices if one wishes to purchase the machine from the local retailers. This is because the different retailers tend to sell the same kind of machines at varying prices. To save extra money, always purchase it from the one retailing it at a lower cost.
- Instructions manual
Always ensure that the machine has an instruction manual before buying it. It should be intact and well written. Flip through some pages to make sure that it explains things well. A good instructions manual offers convenience as one needs to refer it more often.
- The size of the machine
The size of the machine should be convenient for the user. Some machines are very big hence heavy. This makes it difficult to transfer it from one point to another. Big sewing machines also require a big working space. Always consider the size of the working area before purchasing one. Smaller sewing machines are more convenient to use. They are easier to move around and also require a small working space.
- The purpose of the machine
The type of sewing should also be considered. One should buy a sewing machine with the desired features. If one intends to be involved in heavy-duty sewing, then a sturdier machine should be bought. Those who require the machine for very light duties should consider buying a light-weight machine.
- 1 Best Brother Sewing Machines 2019
- 2 1) Brother SE400
- 3 2) Brother CS600i
- 4 3) Brother XR9500PRW
- 5 4) Brother PE770
- 6 5) Brother Designio DZ1234
- 7 6) Brother 1034D
- 8 7) Brother LB6800PRW
- 9 8) Brother HC1850
- 10 9) Brother PQ1500SL
- 11 10) Brother Designio DZ2400
- 12 11) Brother CS5055PRW
- 13 12) Brother XR3774
- 14 Best Brother Sewing Machines 2019 – Buyer’s Guide