Sewing machines have been around for a very long time. They haven’t remained the same though. They have seen a series of revolutions and re-inventions. Today, the world boasts of some of the most technologically advanced sewing machines. The machines are able to deliver world class sewing designs too. There are sewing machines that are specifically designed to aid beginners to learn how to stitch. The best beginner sewing machine will enable you to learn the ropes and becomes one of the best tailors available.
There are many types of sewing machines in the market. Finding the best beginner sewing machine might not be a very simple task. There are not many sewing machine reviews either. You might be wondering, what is the best sewing machine for beginners? Wonder no more. We took out time to compile one of the best beginner sewing machine reviews. This is a review of various sewing machine that we established are great for learners.
The review will highlight the respective features of the sewing machines, as well as their pros and cons. Shopping for the best beginner sewing machine does not have to be such a challenging task anymore. The review aims at putting you in a better position to be able to choose your best-suited sewing machine. Tag along and let’s get you the best sewing machine for beginners 2020. First, below is a quick snippet of the various sewing machines featured in the review.
Best Beginner Sewing Machine 2020
- Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW – this sewing machine has 50 inbuilt stitches and 5 one-step buttonholes
- Brother SE400 Sewing Machine – this sewing machine comes with fully automated functions and a 4by 4 embroidery area
- Singer Heavy-Duty 4411 Sewing Machine – this sewing machine has 11 inbuilt stitches and one buttonhole.
- Singer 7258 Sewing Machine – this sewing machine has 100 inbuilt stitches and a stitching speed of 7258 stitches per minute
- Brother CS6000I Sewing Machine – this sewing machine comes with an adjustable sewing speed and an automated needle treading system.
- Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway – this sewing machine features an inbuilt font for basic monogramming and 100 inbuilt stitches.
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine – this sewing machine has 12 inbuilt stitches and one four-step butthole.
- Singer One Vintage-Style Computerized Sewing Machine – this sewing machine has 24 inbuilt stitches and an automated needle threader
- Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine – This sewing machine comes with 600 inbuilt stitches and an automated needle threader.
The Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW is an electric sewing machine. The machine is equipped with easy to use controls to ensure it is beginner friendly. It has a string of impressive features too. You can certainly make great clothing designs with it. It is arguably the best mini sewing machine for beginners.
- The sewing machine comes with 50 inbuilt stitches
- It has 5 one-step buttonholes
- It comes with 6 specialty feet
- It features twin needle top stitching
- The sewing machine allows easy threading both on the needle and on the bobbin
- It has a wide range of designer sewing and decorative solutions
- It delivers a consistent, high-quality stitching
- It allows free arm stitching that is great for sewing sleeves and cuffs
- The machine sits on a plastic frame that’s rather fragile
The Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW is a great sewing machine for a beginner. The machine has all the essentials of a great sewing machine, while the controls are made to remain as simple as possible. Any sewing enthusiast will find this sewing machine very resourceful. It is indeed a good sewing machine for beginners.
The Brother SE400 yet another incredible offering from the Brother brand. The sewing machine has some great user interface features, all designed to ensure the user has a seamless experience. It is a fully automated sewing machine. It would be a fantastic machine for training a beginner.
- The Sewing machine boasts of fully automated functions
- It comes with an LCD-touchscreen display
- It features a 4 by 4 embroidery area
- It comes with seven feed dogs
- The automated systems are very convenient
- The machine comes with an LED bulb that brightly lights up the work area
- The has a wide working table
- The touchscreen is very convenient and easy to use
- This machine sits on a plastic frame. A few complaints about breakages have been recorded.
The Brother SE400 is very close to the ultimate sewing machine for a beginner. The machine has all systems automated to ensure you can concentrate on your creative ability. It gets to do all the donkey work for you. It is certainly one of the best sewing machines on the review. It is a fantastic best embroidery sewing machine for beginners.
The Singer Heavy-Duty 4411 sewing machine is yet another amazing sewing machine with incredible deliverables. The machine is anchored on simplicity and durability. These aspects make it a beginner-friendly sewing machine. Check out its great features below.
- The machine comes with 11 inbuilt stitches
- It features a single buttonhole
- The needle position is adjustable
- The presser foot is adjustable too
- The adjustable presser foot makes the machine versatile for use by many people
- The sewing machine has a heavy-duty metal frame hence very durable
- It has a high stitching speed. It can hit up to 1100 stitches per minute
- The machine comes with easy to learn controls
- The machine has a limited stitch and buttonhole variety
The Singer Heavy -duty 441 is a fantastic workhorse of a sewing machine. It delivers powerful performance while remaining quite easy to control. The machine lacks stitch and buttonhole variety, but the few available are good enough for a learner. It is arguably the best portable sewing machine for beginners.
The singer 7258 is a fantastic sewing machine that’s optimized towards delivering great convenience and versatility. The versatility is a great aspect for a beginner who not yet familiar with what works for them. The machine comes with computerized systems and will do all the hard work for you. It is arguably the best small sewing machine for beginners.
- The sewing machine delivers a sewing speed of 7258 stitches per minute
- It is equipped with an LCD panel
- It comes with 100 stitches
- It has fully computerized systems
- The automated functions are very convenient
- The machine comes with an LED light for the work area
- The machine offers a wider stitch variety
- It comes with a clear bobbin cover
- It features a very high sewing speed
- The Computerized system of the machine requires initial setup. Hacking the settings might prove to be a daunting task.
- The reverse button of the machine is unresponsive at times
The Singer 7258 is a top rated sewing machine. The full automation makes it a great option for a beginner. It may not be the ultimate sewing machine, but it delivers all the essentials of a great sewing machine with Amazing prowess. It is an incredible sewing machine that will help you complete those award-winning designs. It is arguably the best computerized sewing machine for beginners.
The Brother CS6000i is yet another impressive sewing machine. The machine comes with all the signature features of a great sewing machine. It is an excellent option for beginners. Check out its impressive features below. It is arguably the best sewing machine for beginners making clothes.
- The sewing machine is fitted with an LCD panel
- It has adjustable sewing speed
- It features an automated needle threading feature
- It is equipped with a start/stop button
- The sewing machine comes with 60 inbuilt stitches
- The machine has an LED light for your work area
- It has a wider variety of stitches
- The automated threading is very convenient
- It has easy use controls
- The machine sits on a plastics frame. These kinds of frames tend to be fragile
The Brother CS6000i is the ultimate sewing machine for a green learner. A beginner needs a machine that allows them to learn how a sewing machine works while still allowing them to concentrate on the clothing design. This machine delivers the delicate balance between automation and interacting with the dynamics of a sewing machine. It is one of the best-rated sewing machines for beginners.
The Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway is yet another incredible sewing machine from the Brother series. The sewing machine comes with some of the best features you can find on a sewing machine. It has a wide stitch variety, which is great for a beginner who is trying to experiment. It is arguably the best affordable sewing machine for beginners.
- The sewing machine comes with 100 inbuilt stitches
- It features an inbuilt font for basic monogramming
- The stitches are super wide. They are 7 mm
- The sewing machine is offered with a hardcover
- The sewing machine has a wide working table
- It has a desirable wide variety of stitches
- It boasts of a super easy bobbin winding system
- It has an LED light that brightly lights up the working area
- The machine sits on a fragile plastic frame
The Brother XR9500PRW project runway sewing machine allows the user to learn the ins and outs of a sewing machine. You need to have a proper understating of a sewing machine if you are to stand any chance of producing award-winning designs. It is a great machine with a huge assortment of stitching accessories. It is a fantastic best cheap sewing machine for beginners.
The Janome 2212 is a simple, moderate performance sewing machine. It is ideal for a green beginner who has never handled a sewing machine before. The machine has a very easy operation and a string of some of the most basic features of a sewing machine. It is ideal for light home use too.
- The sewing machine is equipped with 12 inbuilt stitches
- It comes with a single four-step buttonhole design
- It is fitted with a dial pattern selection system
- It allows free motion stitching and quilting
- The sewing machine comes with a marked needle plate for guidance when stitching along straight lines
- The machine has very easy to use controls
- The machine features free arm stitching which is very convenient for sewing sleeves
- The dial pattern selection system is very convenient
- The machine has a limited variety of stitches
- All the systems are manual. Tasks such as threading might be challenging
The Janome 2212 is a simply built sewing machine. It is a great machine for a green beginner to start experimenting with. The machine is available on Amazon. It has very impressive reviews from people who have used it before. It may be a bit far from the ultimate sewing machine, but it has impressive deliverables. It is a great children’s sewing machine for beginners.
The Singer One Vintage-Style sewing machine is a fully computerized sewing machine, with some very impressive features. The sewing machine has great features and incredible convenience and versatility. The automated functions make it a great sewing machine for a beginner. It is a great singer sewing machine for beginners.
- The sewing machine has 24 inbuilt stitches
- The machine comes with an automated needle threader
- It features a high presser foot lifter
- It has an automatic reverse button
- The machine has a very robust and durable construction
- It comes with a huge assortment of sewing accessories
- The adjustable foot presser makes it a very versatile sewing machine
- The automated functions of the sewing machine are very convenient
- The machine has a limited stitch variety
The Singer One Vintage-Style sewing machine delivers one of the most convenient and hassle-free experiences. This could be really great for a beginner who is looking to exercise their creative ability fully. It has a limited stitch and buttonhole variety, but the sewing machine will certainly live up to your expectations. It could be a great beginner sewing machine for kids.
Lastly, we look at the Singer 9960 sewing machine. It is optimized to deliver power and convenience. The convenience aspect is great news if you are a beginner. This machine comes with a large stitch variety and several automated functions. It has a very powerful motor too.
- The sewing machine comes with 600 inbuilt stitches
- It features an automated threading system
- It boasts of a heavy-duty metal frame
- It is equipped with a large LCD panel
- The sewing machine offers a wide variety of stitches
- It comes with a large table that offers you ample working space
- The automated systems make it very convenient
- The machine boasts of a very durable construction
- The computerized machine requires some initial settings that might be difficult to hack if you have never done it before.
The Singer 9960 sewing machine is a top of the range sewing machine with numerous impressive features. The machine delivers some of the most impressive features you will find on a sewing machine. It has attracted overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon, a proof that it is up to the task. The convenience offered by the automation makes it a great option for beginners. It allows them to concentrate on creativity rather than operation.
Best Beginner Sewing Machine 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above are meant to help you better understand what a good sewing machine entails. They will help you tell what machine is great for a beginner. Before you settle on any of the above sewing machines, it is important that you consider the few factors below;
The power of a sewing machine determines how fast and effectively it can work. The machine you get should have enough power to stitch through the type of clothing material you are using. Some materials are harder than others. A powerful sewing machine is always desirable. You can tell how powerful the machine is by reading its motor rating. This information will always be displayed on the package of the sewing machine.
Convenience is a very crucial aspect of sewing machines today. Gone are the days when you had to keep pumping on the presser foot of your sewing machine for a whole day. Today we have automated sewing machines. Fully automated sewing machines allow you to concentrate on creative design instead of machine operation. However, for a beginner, the machine should offer a balance of both. You need to learn the various sewing machine dynamics if you are to make impeccable clothing designs. Other convenient features you should look out for include a bigger working space and an LED light for your work area.
Ultimately, the cost of the sewing machine will determine whether you are going to get it. The machines featured above have different prices. You should take your time to compare the various machines that are within your price range and find out which delivers more value. The sewing machines might have similar features but have different prices. The important thing is to ensure that you get the best sewing machine for the money you have.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited sewing machine. The whole review is a great guide for buying a sewing machine for beginners. Shopping for the best beginner sewing machine should no longer be such a daunting task. It should be fun. The sewing machine you get should help you become a sewing expert and professional. All the sewing machines above are best suited in different circumstances. You just have to get the one that works best for you. You sewing designs should now stand out!
- 1 Best Beginner Sewing Machine 2020
- 2 1) Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW
- 3 2) Brother SE400 Sewing Machine
- 4 3) Singer Heavy-Duty 4411 Sewing Machine
- 5 4) Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
- 6 5) Brother CS6000I Sewing Machine
- 7 6) Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway
- 8 7) Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- 9 8) Singer One Vintage-Style Computerized Sewing Machine
- 10 9) Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine
- 11 Best Beginner Sewing Machine 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
- 12 Conclusion